Tuesday 30 April 2013

English Task 5

It was holiday, and my father lay on his bed. He had a temperature during my holiday, so I couldn’t go anywhere. What a pity! Knowing of my father’s illness, my mom told me to buy some medicine to the drugstore. I actually was too lazy to do that thing, but because it was my mom’s order, and I really cared about my father, I forced to go there with my lazy body.

While I was walking towards the drugstore, I found a piece of money labeled Rp100,000. I wondered whose money that was, but it was impossible because the street was really deserted. I decided to keep the money in my pocket so the money would be safe and I could find who was probably the owner.
I finally reached the drugstore. Before I told the pharmacist. about what kind of medicine my father would need, of course I had to queue first. Ten minutes later, there was still one person left in front of me. The person was an old woman with a brown purse. When she got to pay the bill, she found that her purse was empty—no money at all!

Because of my curiosity, I spoke to the woman. “Excuse me, Madam. What’s wrong?”
“Well, I can’t find my money in my purse. So I can’t pay the medicines I just bought,” answered the old woman. “I remember that I have Rp100,000 in my purse, but maybe it fell somewhere.”
I was reminded that I found a Rp100,000 money on the street while I was walking. I grabbed the money in my pocket and asked to her. “Is this yours? I found this on the ground.”

The old woman surprised. “What a gorgeous. Thank you, kid. I can now pay for the medicine!”
“Nah, don’t be so thankful, Ma’am. I did it for good.”
After I bought the medicine, the old woman and I had a small talk on my way to my house. Then I told this to my mother. My mother praised me because of my kindness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment